COVID-19 is having an unprecedented impact on supply chains with rapid changes in demand profiles, supplier capabilities, inventory levels, pressure on network infrastructure and supply chain teams.
The need to identify risks and opportunities quickly and act rapidly is essential. And importantly, actions need to be informed to deliver optimal outcomes noting that decision complexity has increased markedly.
In addition, plans need to be made to manage the transition back as conditions settle. There is a real risk of excess inventories, demand misses or a costly and/or inappropriately configured supply chain if this transition isn’t well managed.
We know supply chain teams are under enormous pressure and most don’t have the capacity to take action on all these areas, this is where GRA can help.
In order to help our clients meet these challenges, we have created a focused, hands-on and results-oriented support program.
It’s called the “Triple A” Supply Chain Response Program as it provides:
- Deep Analysis capabilities to quickly identify risk and opportunities
- Detailed, tailored Action plans to drive optimal cost, service, inventory and working capital results
- Highly skilled and experienced people to work operationally in your organisation and Augment your team’s capacity and capability
Every day counts, so if this is something you’d like to explore, please contact GRA to explore how we might be able to support you.
There is a real opportunity in all this. During the Pan Pharmaceutical recall of 2003, Blackmores’ supply chain responsiveness catapulted it into a leading market position, which was maintained after market conditions returned to normal. In short, the market collapsed by 25% after the Pan recall, Blackmores market share jumped from low 20’s to low 30’s on the back of its supply chain response and the market share was maintained as competitors came back online.
Optimal supply chain planning, visibility and execution can make a big difference, now and in the long run.
The “Triple A” Supply Chain Response Program – Analysis, Action & Augmentation
Analysis – quickly identifying impacts of rapid change in demand, supply and supply chain
- Rapid forecast revision & demand planning
- Inventory risk & opportunity profiling
- Identifying & securing new sources of supply
- Segmenting & prioritising suppliers, customers and products to assist with action planning
- Contingency planning for the “now” (short term rapid response) and the “then” (how to optimally manage the transition back as conditions settle)
- Establish response cadence, operating & management processes and teams
Action – quickly identifying opportunities to make changes to ensure supply chain capability, optimise costs and inventory and deliver market-leading service levels
- Excess stock management & acquittal
- Inventory deployment optimisation
- Inventory redistribution vs purchasing
- Transportation routing re-optimisation
- Purchase order re-routing, delay and/or cancellation
- Supplier & procurement management
- Supply chain re-configuration
Augmentation – fill gaps in teams, add additional capacity, provide management assurance and governance frameworks
- Support and add resources to your team to manage the extra workload and implement improvements
- Assisting with the establishment and running of Collaborative arrangements
- Focussed management & exception reporting
- Supply chain visibility (inbound supply, allocated inventory, etc) monitoring
How we can work with you
On-site, video conference (we supply the technology) or small, off-site working groupsDownload – PDF (1.3 MB)
Reproduction of GRA whitepapers and articles
GRA permit the reproduction of GRA authored whitepapers and articles so long as all the following conditions are understood and met:
- Entire credit details must be included:
- Author's name(s)
- GRA name and contact details
- GRA URL link to the original article
- All hyperlinks within the article must also be retained
- Articles must not be resold
- GRA retain full copyright.
If you have any queries about reproducing a GRA article or whitepaper, please contact GRA Marketing