GRA’s James Allt-Graham and Shanaka Jayasinghe, along with Allnex's (formerly Nuplex’s) Regional Supply Chain Manager, Brad Hurst, presented a case study to the 2017 SMART Conference.
The case study presentation Supply Chain Transformation: Delivering financial benefits and increased capabilities in a globalised manufacturer detailed a recent supply chain transformation program undertaken by one of Australia’s most significant manufacturing organisations–Nuplex.
The presentation outlined Nuplex’s organisational background and strategic imperative, including:
• Global business with increased lead times and complexity
• Underinvestment in supply chain capabilities
• Need to reduce costs
• Need to innovate and drive increased value for customers
Following the exploration and analysis of the above situation, a transformation program was developed and executed. The program was based on:
• New Systems (Demand Planning, MRP, DRP and RF in the warehouse)
• New processes (Integrated SOP and supporting executional processes)
• Change management
• Project Management across Australia and NZ in a global business
• Benefits needing to be delivered as the program was implemented–self funding
The presenters outlined:
• What worked well and why
• What lessons were learned
• What are the next strategic steps for Nuplex’s supply chain
The video presentation concludes with a Q&A session with the audience.
Reproduction of GRA whitepapers and articles
GRA permit the reproduction of GRA authored whitepapers and articles so long as all the following conditions are understood and met:
- Entire credit details must be included:
- Author's name(s)
- GRA name and contact details
- GRA URL link to the original article
- All hyperlinks within the article must also be retained
- Articles must not be resold
- GRA retain full copyright.
If you have any queries about reproducing a GRA article or whitepaper, please contact GRA Marketing