GRA's Carter McNabb has been invited to present at the 4th Annual Strategic Purchasing Conference on 27-28 August 2009.
Increasingly procurement professionals in the public sector are being challenged to produce innovative answers to the question of how to provide best value. This conference will address this challenge with the theme: 'the agony and the ecstasy' of practice and policy.
Mr McNabb will present 'The Big Picture of Best Value' that will examine:
- The ripple effect of procurement decisions along the supply chain
- Optimising value when purchasing 'hard goods'
- Ongoing performance management: how does the reality live up to the execution?
- The trade-off of short-term gains with long-term benefits
- Maximising efficiency through collaborative planning relationships
Carter will also participate in a lively debate entitled 'Procurement Legislation: Chaos or control?' Other conference speakers include:
- Futurist and Strategist, Dr Peter Ellyard
- Chris Newman, Local Government Victoria
- Jim McGuire, MCIPS
- Ronald Mak, Victorian Auditor-General’s Office
- Scott Alden, DLA Phillips Fox
- Jonathon Dutton, Managing Director, CIPSA
The overall objective of this conference is to build capacity and skill and to address and discuss the biggest issues shaping procurement practice today.
Specifically, the conference objects include:
- Build capacity and skill
- Highlight the growing complexity of public sector procurement
- Identify the best strategies to create successful outcomes
- Explore diverse and innovative ways to address challenges
- Enhance the visibility of procurement in the public sector
- Bring together colleagues, suppliers and experts in procurement to create networking and learning opportunities
The theme of the conference recognises the challenges faced by procurement managers and officers and highlights the great potential for success and innovation across the sector.