Nuplex’s Regional Supply Chain Manager, Brad Hurst, along with GRA’s James Allt-Graham and Shanaka Jayasinghe will co-present at this year's SMART conference.
Their presentation Supply Chain Transformation: Delivering financial benefits and increased capabilities in a globalised manufacturer is a rare opportunity for the SMART audience to learn about a recent supply chain transformation program undertaken by one of Australia’s most significant manufacturing organisations – Nuplex.
Their presentation will outline Nuplex’s organisational background and strategic imperative, including:
• Global business with increased lead times and complexity
• Underinvestment in supply chain capabilities
• Need to reduce costs
• Need to innovate and drive increased value for customers
Following the exploration and analysis of the above situation, a transformation program was developed and executed. The program was based on:
• New Systems (Demand Planning, MRP, DRP and RF in the warehouse)
• New processes (Integrated SOP and supporting executional processes)
• Change management
• Project Management across Australia and NZ in a global business
• Benefits needing to be delivered as the program was implemented – self funding
The presenters will outline:
• What worked well and why
• What lessons were learned
• What are the next strategic steps for Nuplex’s supply chain
The SMART Conference is being held at the International Convention Centre, Sydney, March 29 & 30.
For more information and to register to attend visit the conference website.